Our projects and services are specific to the needs of community development organisations and initiatives that build social capital. These projects have been delivered at a savings of 40-60% in comparison to commercial services.
Although the administration of CASE is performed by volunteers, the following activities are examples of the work that has been completed for members using a mix of volunteers, cost-recovery and funding:
Project Name: On-site Technical Support
Description: Workstation hardware/software and network support for CASE member sites. Limited application software support.
Start Date: Jan 2005 Completion Date: Ongoing
Project Name: Joomla! Training Bootcamps
Description: Test sites for a number of members have been set up to provide training in Joomla and to determine their requirements
Start Date: July 2008 Completion Date: Ongoing
Project Name: Community Mailing Lists
Description: Create a free service to provide Mailman based mailing lists for CASE members.
Start Date: Jan 2007 Completion Date: Ongoing
Project Name: Remote Services
Description: Successful test of fully remote installation of server to peer network and associated services to support the work of member Dharriwaa Elders Group
Start Date: July 2008 Completion Date: October 2008
Project Name: Relocation of AVCWL online mailing list project for member
National Women's Justice Coalition
Description: Relocate the Australian Virtual Centre for Women and the Law to a dedicated server and convert existing custom software to operate in a Linux environment.
Start Date: Jul 2006 Completion Date: Sep 2006
Description: Provide administrative online systems to enable the effective processing and reporting of volunteer placement activities for rural tutors managed by Volunteers for Isolated Students Education.
Start Date: Jan 2000 Completion Date: Feb 2004 with updates in 2010 and 2011
Examples of work performed for members
- Audit, reconfigure and improve network connectivity for member Volunteering ACT
- Audit, reconfigure and improve network connectivity for member Citizens Advice Bureau
- Provision of broadband Internet connectivity for member Woden Community Services
- Upgrade of member servers from deprecated open source operating system RedHat Linux to Fedora Linux
- Provision of broadband Internet connectivity for member Southside Community Services
- Employment and training of technical staff to support member organisations
- Continued planning for the development of remote deployment systems to support workstation upgrades and anti virus solutions for member networks
- Continued installation/system administration of Linux servers to provide network services and Internet connectivity for member organisations
- Renewal of 42 member domain games managed by CASE upon expiration of non-profit domain name grace period
- System admin support to the National Woman's Justice Coalition project Australian Virtual Centre for Women and the Law
- Several "Cable Rat" projects to expand and install network data/voice cabling including the new offices of Adult Learning Australia
- Installation of online technical support request system for use of members and to improve management of staff and technical support resources
- Presentations to Volunteers for Isolated Students Education in Brisbane, Qld demonstrating the use of CASE developed Online Volunteer Management System and the Online Volunteer Centre
- Training and consultation with VISE local area placement managers for the ongoing development of the Online Volunteer Management System developed by CASE
- Professional hosting of 40+ member web sites including associated email accounts, electronic mailing lists and e-commerce capabilities
- 24 hour/seven day week network monitoring for nine member networks.